James T. Barry, Jr.
Jim Barry Jr.’s qualifications are well known in the metropolitan Milwaukee real estate market, as they are nationwide, through his more than 50 years of service in the commercial real estate industry and memberships in the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors and the Counselors of Real Estate.
Under Mr. Barry’s direction the firm pioneered industrial and office park development in metro Milwaukee with over 2,000 acres of land developed into industrial, office and business parks – all successfully completed. Since that time, he has developed land for ten other municipalities and arranged numerous major investment sales such as the former First Savings Bank to RREEF and the former Allis Chalmers complex to Whitnall Summit Corp. On a selected basis, he performs some appraisal work as well as tax assessment reduction assistance. However, his first love is brokerage.
Mr. Barry’s brokerage experience includes servicing national companies and is often called upon to consult on sales of out-of-state properties. He has lectured on brokerage matters for the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, Wisconsin Realtors Association, the Wisconsin Real Estate Examining board, Wisconsin State Bar Association and the University of Wisconsin. He has testified as an expert witness in contesting real estate assessments for many of Wisconsin’s largest companies including Allis Chalmers, A.O. Smith Corporation, W.A. Krueger, Briggs & Stratton and Kearney & Trecker. He has also acted as an arbitrator for the City of Milwaukee Harbor Commission.
While Mr. Barry’s experience is diverse, The Barry Company focuses on selling commercial, office, industrial, and investment real estate. A unique attribute of Mr. Barry’s role at The Barry Company is that he does not list and sell real estate in competition with his brokers; thus when needed, he is available to all brokers and clients for direction, through negotiations and the ultimate closing of a transaction.
• Member – Counselors of Real Estate (CRE)
• Member and Past Director – Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
• Past President – Milwaukee Board of Realtors
• Member and Past Director – Wisconsin Realtors Association
Community Leadership and Awards
• Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce, Member and Past Director
• University of Notre Dame – College of Letters and Sciences, Advisory Board Member
• Chicago Title Insurance Company, Advisory Board Member
• Board of Visitors – UW Center for Urban Land Economics Research, Member
• Past director of two bank boards
• 2010 Recipient of Society of Industrial & Office Realtors-Wisconsin Chapter Lifetime Achievement Award
Mr. Barry is a graduate of both the University of Notre Dame and the University of Wisconsin Law School.